Monday, November 10, 2008

Lots of Blue - On Monday

Here is a picture of my DH jumping off of Macho Rock, on the Island of Oahu. Look at all the different colors of blue in the water - and the two shades of blue on his swimming trunks.

If I could make dreams come true with a snap of my fingers, I would snap them now and make it possible for us to live on the beach in Hawaii. My husband LOVES Hawaii. He loves the ocean, and the mountains. He loves the laid back "feeling". He loves "shave ice" from Matsumotos and "Dole Whip" from the Dole Plantation. He loves pancakes at the Hukilau Cafe. He loves relaxing in a hammock - gently swaying in the breeze. He loves that his allergies disappear when he steps off the plane onto Hawaiian soil!

Me - I would have to make my allergies disappear too - I think that I am allergic to the entire island. I must be the only person in the world, who goes to Hawaii and has a major allergy attack. My eyes swell up and itch like crazy. My nose clogs up, and I can't breath worth a hoot. BUT - if it meant making DH happy - I'll still snap those fingers (but I'll make sure to bring plenty of tissues and eye-drops)!

5 comments:

Gitz 'n Jo said...

I've never been to Hawaii, but since I'm allergic to everything I'd probably be right there with you and the tissues :) I've always wanted to go there though... just seems like "stress free land"

:)

The Wife said...

The husband and I dream of going to Hawaii. One day it will come true!

Thanks for droppin' by my lil ol blog. You have a beautiful family! Come back anytime.

I noticed that gas has dropped at several places to around $1.83-$1.89. Craziness!

Sherri said...

My DH and I are as crazy about Hawaii as you are. We have been 6 times over the years. Last May we were on Maui from the 5th through the 21st and I blogged every day in a travelogue with pics the whole time.

You can reach the May blogs through this LINK to MAY Blogs if you want to see the pics.

Thanks for your comments on my blogs. I enjoy yours, too. And I do hope you'll write a tribute to your dad while he's still around to read it.

SmilingSally said...

This would have made a Perfect post for Blue Monday (I have a meme; come see).

You asked about my comment button. I search long and hard for that one. My secret to my pictures? I google a word or two and spend time (sometimes hours) looking. Please feel free to help yourself to it. Just give credit by linking if you use anything from my posts.

Come often and comment often. I'll be your best friend!

Barry said...

I'm ready to move back to Hawaii! Just know that if you ever are able to figure out the snapping of the fingers thing, that you have to take us with you.