I started the New Year, by heading west to visit
with daughters and grandchildren.
It's a chilly 3 degrees outside,
but it's nice and warm inside.
Lovely fire (sorry guys - your gas bill is gonna
be a whopper next month:-(
warm cup of cocoa,
grandkids bathed and tucked into bed,
and youngest daughter here with me.
We are getting ready to watch
Four Christmases.
The only thing that would make it better,
would be to have my husband by my side...
but somebody's got to bring home the bacon!
Went to Celestial Seasonings Plant
last Saturday
with the girls, Dave, Steve and the grand children.
Sariah-Lynn and Dave were so sweet. They watched the
kids, so that Sonnie, Steve, Sarah,
and I could go on the tour. We all
got to taste lots of the herb teas
(had some biscotti too),
and then went shopping at the
I just love this place.
I've been several times, and plan to go again this weekend.
I have some more goodies that I want to buy!
I haven't yet been able to eat at the Celestial Cafe,
because we've always gone on a Saturday.
Maybe we can go again next week.
I really need to figure out how to upload and then find my photo's
on the laptop. There are so many that I want to post.
Like Sonnie in her zebra print Snuggie:-)
BTW - I've wanted to get these
for George and Gracie, but Oscar Jr.
put the cabosh on that.
Got the most adorable pic of Avery earlier this evening.
I snuggled with her while we watched a
Charlie and Lola DVD.
She zonked out almost
immediately, and she looked so peaceful.
Peyton is a snuggle bunny, but Miss Avery is always on the move.
Katelyn only wanted mommy last weekend, so I didn't get
any cuddle time with her, but maybe she will be a little
more willing this weekend.
I have cooking on the calendar for tomorrow.
Going to bake a bunch of chicken. I'll debone it
and then bag it up for the freezer.
Sonnie wants Chocolate Crackle Cookies,
Sonnie wants Chocolate Crackle Cookies,
so we will pop some of those in the oven.
Meatloaf is on the menu for Friday night.
Thinking that we might make some Cake Pops
(Thank you Bakerella!)
Oops - I forgot that Sarah wants a White Chocolate Cheescake.
I'll have to send Sonnie back to WalMart in the morning.
Best be going now.
PS - my goal was to maintain my weight loss over the holidays...
kissed that one goodbye a few weeks back,
BUT
spending a lot of time in a 3 story townhouse,
so maybe I'll work off a few pounds while I'm here!












































3 comments:
Glad you are enjoying your family even if it is freezing!!
I am half an ocean away from my family, warm, and lovin it!!
Granddaughter is wanting me to come home though. She isn't feeling to good and needs her gramma. Told her I would be there Sunday. Not one of the little ones either. 19 almost 20 yrs old.
With this impossibly cold winter, I'm so thankful for global warming! LOL
Oh, I like Celestial Seasonings tea, too! Lucky you to be able to take a tour of their plant!
And lucky you to have grandchildren to visit.
Happy New Year, Libby!
Post a Comment