Monday, January 19, 2009

Rise and Shine?

Well here we go. This is my life. I'll begin with the start of my day. Since I have sleep disorders...I take different drugs to help me get to sleep and stay asleep. They have been a Godsend. But - on the flip side - I'm kind of hung over in the mornings, so it takes me a while to get up and get moving. This is just fine with George, as he likes to sleep in. He is supposed to sleep at the end of the bed, but as soon as Steve is up (he's out of bed at 4:45 and off to work by 5:20) and off, George crawls up and snuggles with me.

This is what my bed looks like, after I've gotten up!


I wish! But seriously, I do make my bed everyday, and this is what it usually looks like.
I really do love my bedroom. It is peaceful. Not too big, not too small. It's just right!
You can see that I have a tropical theme going on here. I took all the photos that are on the walls. They were all taken in Hawaii. Steve loves Hawaii, and would jump at the chance to live there.

Here is one corner of the room.
All the plants are silk, as I have just the opposite of a green thumb.


This is the wall to the left of the door leading into the master bath. The shell leis are from our trips to Hawaii. If you look very carefully, in the photo, you can see my husband jumping off of Macho Rock at Waimea Beach, on Oahu.


This is the wall to the left of my bed. The picture on the left is Steve. He and Barry had just come in from surfing. All these photos were taken in Suzanne (one of our daughters) and Barry's (her husband) backyard. They lived in Punalu 'u for a couple of years while Barry was going to BYU Hawaii.


Here is another great picture, taken close to the shore line, in their backyard. This is looking out, I think, at Kahana Bay.


Here is my wonderful, comfy recliner chair. I spend a lot of time here. It's a great place to read. Sometimes when I'm having a rough night, I'll spend several hours in my chair (with my trusty heating pad and small down comforter), so that I don't disturb Steve. See those clunky pink slippers. My daughter Sariah-Lynn gave them to me. The have batteries in them and they vibrate when turned on. Heavenly!


This is the basket at the foot of my chair. As you can see, I still haven't sent out all my Christmas Cards. I'm working on it, and I may get them in the mail before summer. I keep my address book, steno pads, recipes from the newspaper, etc. etc. in this handy little basket. It looks like I've got a pair of gloves in there too. I need to shove them back in the pocket of my jacket...so excuse me a moment...talk amongst yourselves...I'll give you a topic..."should the legal driving age be moved from 16 to 37?"...okay I'm back.


Here's another basket that sits by my chair. It has assorted pads of paper, post it notes, crayons, book marks, index cards - I love index cards! - and other handy items.


A calendar, index card box, and pens are sitting on a small hanging file container. I have files for: 1. my coupons and weekly store adds, 2. articles that I've printed off the internet, 3. notes for the lessons that I teach on the second Sunday of each month.


On to the bathroom. Here is my spa tub. For me this is almost a must, as opposed to a nicety. Some nights, this is the only thing that keeps me sane, and able to climb into bed. ( If you scroll back up to the very first picture, you can see the steps that I need to use to get into the bed. I'm short - the bed is high, so the steps come in handy!)

Thankfully, we have hot water heaters on both sides of the house, so I can soak in this baby for for as long as I want, adding more hot water as needed. I usually come out after about an hour, looking all pruny and red as a lobster. Right now, I can still manage to get in and out of the tub - but, for safety reasons, I never get into the tub, unless Steve is home. At some point in the future, we will have to put in a "step in tub", but I'll keep using this one as long as I can.


The right side of the tub.


The left side of the tub.
Those fantastic towels were given to me as a going away gift (when we moved from Florida) from my friend, Eleanor. She didn't know that I had this shower curtain. The towels are almost an exact "negative" of the shower curtain.

There is a giant frosted glass window behind the tub. My husband swears that you can't see through it, but I couldn't take a bath until we had a curtain up, and this shower curtain fit perfectly! I'm sure if we had neighbors actually living in the house next door, they would be very grateful that they didn't have to risk getting a glimpse of my nekkid hiney !!!

Okay - so this how I start my day:

1. I force myself to get up.
2. Potty break.
3. Brush my teeth, and hobble to the computer.
4. Check my email and do my post for the day.
5. Blog surf til my butt goes numb and the dogs are begging for breakfast.
6. Feed the dogs and give them their morning meds ( Enalpril, Furosemide and Amitriptyline for George and Furosemide and Amitriptyline for Gracie ).
7. Convince the dogs that they don't need to go out again (Big J takes them out at 6:00 before he goes to school), until Seth is up.
8. Go back to the computer and recheck my email and blog surf.
9. Realize that it's almost noon, and I haven't eaten my breakfast or taken my medicine, so I fix myself a bowl of cereal, and take my medicine.
10. Recheck my email and blog surf some more.

Actually, I do try to throw in a load of laundry once in a while.

Later in the week, I will share with you all, my cleaning routine. Don't give me that look, you'll like it - I promise!

So that's the start to my day. Come back tomorrow if I haven't bored you to tears.

Hugs and Kisses!

P.S. In yesterdays post, I meant to say, that the doctor thinks that it might be Lupus, that's causing a lot of my problems. Hopefully she will have the results today or tomorrow. I've been having some weird symptoms ( like my face will start "burning" and sometimes my upper lip feels like it is going numb - and my nose turns bright red), and I'll fell better when I know what's going on.
Thanks for all your prayers and kind words.

14 comments:

Becky said...

I love the glass in the bath, but I wouldn't trust it either! And I want one of those walk in tubs and I'm not even old yet !! HaHa!!! Please note that I am not calling you old either! I fully understand your need.

Unknown said...

Hi Nea! *waving pug paws* thanks for visiting my blog and coming out of the Lurker Closet! : ) George is quite the adorable snuggler. Love your blog! What's not to love about collecting plates???
warm pughugs from Texas...

Tami Weingartner said...

Oh George you cutie pie. Nea I love your bed...all those pillows. It looks comfy, a place that would be hard to get up from.

Anonymous said...

Very tropical! Your room looks like an island...
I´m sorry I didn´t answer you about how long it takes me to knit a dog sweater. Well, it depends. If it´s a big one and I knit it non-stop, it takes about 4 to 5 hours. But if I´m busy it can take up to 2 or 3 days...

Robynn's Ravings said...

Oh I just LOVE this! I LOVE home tours and would happily spend a day going through model homes.

Your bedroom is beautiful and it looks like you have created a tropical haven to remind of the place you both love. I could lay up in that bed for a good while so it's probably good that I don't live closer. I'd do the squatter thing and you'd have to call the police. Love AND covet your bathtub.

I do the weird nights, too. Makes for some interesting emails to friends when they ask why my post is marked 3:45am. I did one of those last night. I'm SO glad to know (though I'm sorry for you) that we have a sisterhood of the middle-of-the-night phantoms!

Jientje said...

Thanks for the tour around your house Libby, it's beautiful!!! Now I want to come to yours!!!
Now I understand what you mean with a photo wall, it looks great! Still need to send you that picture of the upside down tree! I haven't forgotten, just did not get around to it!
And um ... vibrating slippers? Yhat sounds like fun LOL!

We are so much alike. I have been diagnosed with Lupus years ago.
But my symtoms are very very mild.
Sometimes I even wonder if the diagnose was right? But that all over the body pain, yep. I've got that too, and some days are worse than others!But that could just as well be Fybromyalgia like my daughter and my sister?

Tammy said...

Libby your home is just lovely! Please let me know what the outcome of the tests are so we can pray accordingly!

SmilingSally said...

Oh I hope that you don't have Lupus! I enjoyed seeing your pretty bedroom. Your chair does look comfortable. Thanks for sharing.

Chele said...

Thanks for sharing your sanctuary with us. George cracks me up and looked like he wasn't budging. I sometimes wake up to both cats in bed with me. The dogs are way TOO BIG to even attempt sharing the bed with us. lol

My Siberian Kitties said...

I'd sleep in too, if my bedroom was that nice looking !!

Smokey(ILM), Mishka, Mila, Zateynik (BJ)'s Mommy

Jackie - from Minnesota !!!

Gitz 'n Jo said...

I LOVED THIS POST! And, oh my goodness, how I relate. Tough moving in the morning, certain "reliable" chairs and everything within arms reach. No wasted energy here, either. And your tub looks divine!!! I swear my life would be different if I could just live all day in hot water.

I really love the Hawaii photos and they add such a personal, memorable touch... really nice.

Robynn's Ravings said...

Hey Lib - Drop in at my place....there's a little something waiting for YOU there. :)

I'll be praying for you for tomorrow and please let us know what's going on and what the answers are.

Robin said...

Those towels are PERFECT with your curtain, and I'm in deep lust over your tub! We redid our bathrooms a few years ago, but no matter how we tried there just wasn't room for a jetted tub, and hot tubs for out on the roof START at over $10,000 for a little tiny one! Umm, nope, not doing that. Oh how I want one though.

Robin said...

PS I missed the bit about the lupus the first time - I'll be thinking good thoughts for you and hoping you get the information and relief you need very soon!