My friend Susan (not to be confused with my other friend Susan), and her family, have been going through a rough patch lately. Would you take a few minutes to say a prayer for them. Her husband lost his job a while back, and has been trying diligently to find work - but so far nothing has come up. Now, they have experienced smoke damage from a chimney fire. You can go HERE to read her blog called Raisin Toast. Scroll back through a few, and you can learn about what's been going on at their house over the last few months. You mom's out there, better have some tissues ready. Some of the stuff will bring tears, but you'll smile some too. Especially if you go far enough back to see some of the photo's she took of her husband, Big Bear...to put on business cards! His smile in contagious!!!
I would like all of you to go over to my friend Chele's today. She has a post that really hit a nerve with me. I tend to post "bit's of fluff" and try not to spout a lot about my conservative political views, but over the last several months my concern about the path that our government seems to be taking at this time, is growing and growing. Please just take a few minutes to go HERE, and read her post, and then think about the story. It reminds me of a saying in a "fortune cookie" that I read a few weeks ago.
It said:
Nothing in life is free...you just haven't received the bill for it yet!
AND - TADA
Come back tomorrow for
MY FIRST EVER GIVEAWAY!
Hugs and Kisses and Thanks
It said:
Nothing in life is free...you just haven't received the bill for it yet!
AND - TADA
Come back tomorrow for
MY FIRST EVER GIVEAWAY!
Hugs and Kisses and Thanks







































11 comments:
Sending prayers her way. Did you know Congress has earmarked money to study pig stench on manure farms in Iowas for better manure management?
PT and PP for your friend. Thanks for the shout out and I look forward to checking out your giveaway.
Oh Libby... you are SO on my page 'politically speaking'... I can't help but go there sometimes.
I've seen this that you linked to, as we have many that send us political stuff knowing where we sand.
I can only pray that things will be okay during throughout my daughter's lifetime.
***
p.s. Thanks for your kind comment and prayers re: our loss. You are a sweet lady.
Ok, I just have to say that the photo of the pigs is THE BEST. As the daughter of a hog farmer, it made me want to go home immediately :)
Libby, I think you and I are more alike than we know!
But you think it's bad there? Australia is 100 times worse and it scares the bejezus out of me!
I'll keep your friends in my thoughts and my prayers Libby. Sending good vibes.
Your friend Susan is in my thoughts. Looking forward to the giveaway tomorrow! :)
On my way to these places, Lib.
I heard today that O'Bama wants returning vets to use personal insurance for their injuries. He says it will save the feds millions of dollars. Yeah, and end up costing the taxpayers billions. Because the feds aren't going to make a profit on injuries and you can bet insurance companies are. Who's going to pay that added hit to the insurance company so they can make the big bucks? Us. This is posturing to look like he's doing something. And it's gonna leave the vets in a terrible position of having to fight with their insurance companies.
This is why I DON'T go into much of this on my blog because BOY do I have opinions.
I certainly will pray for your friend Susan. I love the photo of the piglets. Also, the state of our country is frightening. Anything goes! I'm off to visit Chele.
Sweetie
Libby I wanted to come by and see you first chance I got! I am so glad to be able to pray for your friend Susan. I'm going to her blog as soon as I finish here.
Thank you for your support and encouraging words last week. Our Baby Ellie is still in the hospital working on learning to eat. We can not wait for her to be home...
love to you and I'll be back later today for the give away!
Robin
All Things Heart and Home
Thanks for letting us know about Susan. I'll be praying for her tonight.
I am as alarmed as you about the direction our country is heading--and going there faster than a speeding bullet! He's only been in office 2 months! What will it be like in 4 years?
Post a Comment