Tuesday, June 2, 2009


Here's the recipe for:

"Everything But the Kitchen Sink Potato Salad"

3 lbs. - Potato's, peeled, scrubbed and chopped and cooked til tender
2- Hard Boiled Eggs, chopped
1- Medium Green Bell Pepper, chopped
1- Small Cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
1/4 cup - Cider Vinegar
Squirt - Prepared Yellow Mustard
1 cup - Mayonaise
1/2 cup - Sour Cream
1 tsp. - Dill Weed

Add in any, or all, of the items below:

Handful of Alfalfa Sprouts
Diced Carrot
Minced Celery
Fresh Peas (Raw or steamed)
Lightly Toasted Cashews, chopped
Lightly Toasted Pecans, chopped
2-3 tblsp. Sesame Seeds
Dill Pickle, chopped
Diced Onion
Crumbled Crisp Bacon
Olives (Ewwww Yuk), chopped


Mix together, gently. Cover and refrigerate. You may need to add more mayo. Adjust to taste with salt and pepper. Garnish with any or all of the following:

Paparika
Grape or Cherry Tomato's
Green Bell Pepper Rings
Grated Carrot
Crumbled Crisp Bacon
French's Onion Rings
Sliced Olives (Ewwwww Yuk)

Use your imagination - add anything that your family likes! More mayo. Less Mayo. Leave out the vinegar. Add more vinegar. Skip the sour cream. Use sweet pickle relish. Leave out the pickle. Use thawed frozen peas, instead of fresh peas.

The world is your oyster - but PLEASE - don't put oysters in this!

11 comments:

C said...

Libby,
I wanted to make sure you got my comment/invite to do a guest post over at becausemomsaidso. I was thinking that you could be a guest at the blogwarming/giveaway week of June 14th. Let me know what you think. =) I'd love to have you.

Gramma 2 Many said...

It looks so good. Think I would add more eggs. I love eggs in my tato salad.

Chele said...

Looks good Libby. I was so happy to see it was a sweet potato salad.

Chele said...

Should have been WAS NOT a sweet potato salad. I wish we could edit!

C said...

Anything you want! Sage Advice, funny stuff, a favorite party recipe--anything you think will liven up the site and bring people back to yours for a visit. I put your button up over there--did u see it? Will you be sending it to my email--is that how one guest posts... lol you will be my first. =)

Vicky said...

I have had such a craving for potato salad! Oh I can't even tell you how yummy this sounds to me :) It definitely has some things I am not accustomed to in it, but it is making my mouth water just thinking about it!

Jientje said...

Yummie, looks delicious, well, I KNOW it is we have a simalar recipe, we call it our Italian sald. We use diced ham and Wiener sausages( you know, the kind you use in hot dogs? )in there, no sour cream, just mayo. No pecans or other nuts either. But like you say, the world is your oyster!

Jientje said...

How did you do with the camera?

A Lady's Life said...

lovely mmmm:)

Homestay Mama said...

You don't like olives. Or maybe it's more like you hate them. Whereas, I love olives and could eat the whole can if I didn't control myself! LOL

But the potato salad looks like a winner.

SmilingSally said...

I love lots of eggs in my potato salad too.