Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Strange Phenomenon


This is soooooooooooo weird.
I'm not sure if this is just a
phenomenon in my home,
or if it has plagued others too?

Here's the thing. It seems that my dishwasher
(whose name is Delilah)
only allows me to load her.
Strange huh?
I'm serious about this.
I have 2 other intelligent adults, who live in my house,
but they can't put dishes inside of Delilah.

They can take them out of the cupboards...pile food on them..
stack them on the
counter tops...
and even rinse them and put them in the sink.
BUT
It seems that they are unable to place them in the dishwasher!

Did Delilah bite them?
Did she shock them once or twice...or maybe sling insults at them?
It's a mystery to me!

9 comments:

Gramma 2 Many said...

I'm afraid it will remain forever a mystery. It it universal. There is an invisible sign over it that says to be loaded only by the female head of household.

Kathy said...

I have the same disorder in my house. It actually goes further than the dishwasher. My faucet doesn't work so the plates sit on the counter and dry if I am not there to rinse them. Go figure!! Must be women's work or maybe I should have asked my MIL when she was still alive if she ever taugh such things to her boys. She was such a beautiful and sweet lady. I can't imagine she didn't prepare them for life alone as well as with a mate.

Knitty said...

I bet she is related to Harold Hamper. He obviously spits out clothing that anyone but me places inside. Surely no intelligent adult would drop clothing next to the hamper instead of inside of it.

An intervention is in order! You organize it and I will line up women with misbehaving appliances and receptacles.

I think we're going to need a very large convention hall.

Schnitzel and the Trout said...

That is universal alright, but at our house, the other party knows well enough that this party is "particular", so why get yourself in trouble? (smile)

snbjork said...

Ha! Maybe if you just ignored the dishes for a few days someone (ahem) might figure out what to do with them. Like when all the clean ones run out they might get the idea...maybe??

Bz said...

Let me tell you ...I have dishwasher problems too.... umm... err.. but, mine are ?? self-inflicted. You see, I am ... or so I've been told (BUT IT'S NOT TRUE!) that I am obsessive about HOW my dishes are place in the dishwasher. But the thing is, WATER is SUPPOSED to be able to spray all EATING surfaces of the dishes from the center out. SOOO, hence my obsession with dishes that are placed where WATER cannot even GET to the eating surface. I say YUK.!
NOWWWWW, if I didn't have this "problem", maybe my life would be easier ??? ALAS, though, I LIKE CLEAN DISHES.
(wow, you noticed how many words are in caps.... hmmm... must be pregnancy hormones).

Anonymous said...

Funny, my dishwasher has the same problem. Maybe its a disease?

Jientje said...

Mine is broken, and I don't feel like replacing it.I don't mind doing the dishes by hand, I think it's faster, and cleaner.

But she had the very same disorder! LOL!

Robynn's Ravings said...

Your new layout is GORGEOUS!!! I have GOT to get a facelift!

Yes, this phenomenon is occuring everywhere. Maybe your house is ground zero but it is epidemic! And it's mutating. It affects the toilet paper. No one can put that on but me, either!