How Do I Do These Things?
Yes, I know that I've been sick, and I feel like crud. And now I'm flipping out.
Somehow, someway, I managed to delete every single email in my In Box!
I don't know how I did it.
But I did... and it's all GONE.
There was stuff in there that I've saved for YEARS.
All Gone.
All my approvals for giveaways on my book blog.
Approvals for product reviews.
Deadlines for reviews.
PICTURES OF MY GRANDCHILDREN!!!
I'm so upset.
I'm ticked off.
I am soooooooooo mad at myself.
I'm beyond knowing what to do.
Got any suggestions?








































9 comments:
Aren't they in your trash can? I did that once and panicked BIG TIME. They were all in the trash. and I just moved to the inbox. Surely Dh can help you. Hope it works.
It most likely is there... SOMEwhere. There are recovery programs that recapture/recover files when/if this happens. Look them up and/or have your next of kin computer person (or if you have to phone a geek) to come find it.
Best of luck.
p.s. You do have a had drive back up ......right?
Ugh! My only suggestion at this point is for you to check your Deleted items for them. If it had JUST happened, I would have suggested using Ctrl-Z to undo the delete. Sorry you're having such a bad time! Hope you feel better!
Well ... Dang it all!!! I AM the poster child for "Computer Illiterate!" But I have two things going for me ... we only operate on Macs ... and because of that, my 'personal geek' can usually fix, find, unlock, explain and generally help me out. Good luck ... Hope you are able to rectify this problem soon. And hope that you are feeling much better, too.
oh no Libby!!! did you check in the trash folder? Also check internet temporary files, but I doubt you'll find all there. Good luck!!! also you may find info in your 'sent' folder, if you have replied to some of the emails.
Well, Lib. I won't mention this in the dedication.
I have no other good ideas besides what all these good friends have offered. But if I was with you I could at least commiserate by panicking. That's all I got. Be glad I'm far away. I SO HOPE YOU FIND EVERYTHING!!!!
I'm doing the panic thing with you, but my first thought was have you checked your trash folder?
I used to have mine set to automatically empty "at any time", but because I'm hopeless at this stuff, I've now set it for every 14days.
But you keep stuff from long ago in your inbox? Girl, make a folder and keep your "keeper stuff' in there...
Not that I heed my own words, though. ;-)
Or, if worse comes to worse, call your local geek!
Now go eat some bacon... it'll make ya feel better! ;-)
Oh Libby, I didn't know you were sick. I have been entertaining my brother and sister-in-law. I hope you feel better soon and I hope you found those deleted files in your trash can.......... :)
Oh, I think I'm here too late to help but I'll try. What email program are you using. That makes a difference sometimes.
Post a Comment