Kim Jong II (Leader of North Korea) has ordered the opening of an Italian restaurant. Apparently he is a gourmand, and had sent North Korean cooks to Rome and Naples, last year, to learn how to prepare authentic Italian Pasta and Pizza.
Now that to me, is breaking news.
Like I wouldn't be able to sleep at night without knowing this.
Speaking of food...did anyone catch Tyler Florence's show on The Food Network, Monday?
He made:
Now that to me, is breaking news.
Like I wouldn't be able to sleep at night without knowing this.
Speaking of food...did anyone catch Tyler Florence's show on The Food Network, Monday?
He made:
- The Ultimate Banana Split
- Parsnip Puree
- Red Onions Roasted With Balsamic and Honey
- The Ultimate Braised Brisket
I was sooooo hungry after watching this show.
I was already want'n some corned beef and cabbage, and this just put me over the edge.
I actually drooled on myself!
I'm thinking that I was supposed to post about something else today....what the heck was it anyway?
OH YEAH - My First Ever Giveaway!
So what have you got to do, to "enter", you're asking yourselves?
Well here goes:
I've been hobbling around for 4 1/2 weeks now. Anytime I'm out and about (which I must admit has been limited, but I have tried to attend church each week while I was in Florida and now that I'm back home - also I've had doctor's appointments etc.), people will ask me what I've done to my leg.
(For those of you who are new, go HERE or HERE or HERE, or even HERE to find out more than you ever wanted to know about my most recent medical saga.)
At first, I gave an accurate account of what happened, but then the hubby and I got kind of cocky, and started giving silly answers. So far we've said that I:
Had a sky diving accident.
Fell off of an elephant.
Got kicked my a camel.
Was backed over by a car in a Wally World parking lot.
Also, I've been wanting to start another blog "narrated" by George (my pug) and Gracie (my Carolina Dog).
So all you have to do is leave a comment (and please, no foul language ) with a suggestion for a silly answer for "what happened to my leg?", and/or a title for a new "dog blog".
If you have more than one "answer" and/or "title" please leave them all in one comment.
Want an additional entry (or two)?
Post about my giveaway on your blog, linking back to this post.
(Make sure that you let me know that you posted.)
Become a follower, or remind me if you're already a follower.
This giveaway is open to "all"(but you'll only get the prize package if you have a viable mailing address), and the deadline for entries is at midnight (central time) on Friday March 20th. Since I'm not sure if I can figure out how to use random.org, I may just have to throw "names in a hat". Either way...I'll announce the winner on Monday morning the 24th of March.
If you aren't a blogger, or your blog is set to private, make sure that your leave an email address, with each entry, so that I can reach you.
Remember to leave that address in code (example: you[at]yourmail[dot]com).
NOW - WHAT WILL YOU GET?
So glad that you asked!
Just take a look at this pile of goodies.
I was already want'n some corned beef and cabbage, and this just put me over the edge.
I actually drooled on myself!
I'm thinking that I was supposed to post about something else today....what the heck was it anyway?
OH YEAH - My First Ever Giveaway!
So what have you got to do, to "enter", you're asking yourselves?
Well here goes:
I've been hobbling around for 4 1/2 weeks now. Anytime I'm out and about (which I must admit has been limited, but I have tried to attend church each week while I was in Florida and now that I'm back home - also I've had doctor's appointments etc.), people will ask me what I've done to my leg.
(For those of you who are new, go HERE or HERE or HERE, or even HERE to find out more than you ever wanted to know about my most recent medical saga.)
At first, I gave an accurate account of what happened, but then the hubby and I got kind of cocky, and started giving silly answers. So far we've said that I:
Had a sky diving accident.
Fell off of an elephant.
Got kicked my a camel.
Was backed over by a car in a Wally World parking lot.
Also, I've been wanting to start another blog "narrated" by George (my pug) and Gracie (my Carolina Dog).
So all you have to do is leave a comment (and please, no foul language ) with a suggestion for a silly answer for "what happened to my leg?", and/or a title for a new "dog blog".
If you have more than one "answer" and/or "title" please leave them all in one comment.
Want an additional entry (or two)?
Post about my giveaway on your blog, linking back to this post.
(Make sure that you let me know that you posted.)
Become a follower, or remind me if you're already a follower.
This giveaway is open to "all"(but you'll only get the prize package if you have a viable mailing address), and the deadline for entries is at midnight (central time) on Friday March 20th. Since I'm not sure if I can figure out how to use random.org, I may just have to throw "names in a hat". Either way...I'll announce the winner on Monday morning the 24th of March.
If you aren't a blogger, or your blog is set to private, make sure that your leave an email address, with each entry, so that I can reach you.
Remember to leave that address in code (example: you[at]yourmail[dot]com).
NOW - WHAT WILL YOU GET?
So glad that you asked!
Just take a look at this pile of goodies.
A deck of cards.A whoopie cushion.
A note pad and pen.
A Pampered Chef Season's Best Recipe Collection Spring/Summer 2006 Cook Booklet (I've got a duplicate of this one, so I'm throwing it in).
A kid's fanny pack with zoo animals on it.
A pack of envelopes that you can write your grocery lists on, and put coupons in.
A box of PartyLite tea light candles (that to be perfectly honest, don't smell all that good - now I really like ParyLite candles, I just don't care for this particular scent - so if you are a PartyLite consultant...please don't leave me any nasty comments...okay but feel free to send samples).
A couple of Pampered Chef plastic dish scrapers that I love to use on my stone wear (the plastic bag that they're in is kind of ratty, cause it's been sitting in a kitchen drawer for a while, but I promise that the scrapers haven't ever been used).
A little plastic santa on a string, with bubbles in him.
A pack of sticky notes, with palm trees (these don't make sense to me cause it's hard to read anything that you write on them, but to each his own).
An "I'm Proud You're Mine" - from parent to child (for achievements and appreciation) kid's coupon book (with only about 6 coupons missing).
A brown leatherette "envelope" in which I will place three photo's of my dogs.
And last, but not least, an Olive Garden Gift Card with a balance of $3.17.
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
I had you going there for a little while didn't I?
Did you really think that I was gonna had over that gift card?
Okay - Okay
Here's what you really get.
Did you really think that I was gonna had over that gift card?
Okay - Okay
Here's what you really get.

A pair of fresh water pearl earrings and a matching bracelet. Not the most spectacular (or expensive - it's just a plated metal of some kind) pieces of jewelry, but I think that they are pretty, and a lot like me...
...dainty and sweet ((snort, snicker))!
Good Luck!
...dainty and sweet ((snort, snicker))!
Good Luck!








































19 comments:
The answer AND the new blog title:
GEORGE BIT ME!
Oh you are a clever and witty one! Lets see, how about you were the latest injured on Dancing with the Stars? And how about "George and Gracie" or "The Dog Blog"...
oh, now i have to run and read what really happened to your leg!
what about:
I tripped over while doing the Inka Trail?
(I DID the inka trail exactly a year ago and i still cant believe i survived...)
*This is not an entry...just a comment.*
Okay, I have to say, first of all, that I am glad you were just joking about that first prize pack. I could feel my face turning all red with embarrassment that my own mother would sent out such a gift! Whew!
I love the idea that you were injured on Dancing with the Stars...now that's funny!
Love ya! (Oh, by the way, we had a wonderful 1-1/2 hour walk around the neighborhood. Both kids enjoyed it and eventually fell asleep. It is gorgeous today!)
Hmmm... wracking my poor pain befuddled brains here...
The George and Gracie Show?
"Say Goodnight Gracie.. Goodnight Gracie"
A Tail of 2 Doggies?
Pugly Dogs Are Wee?
As for your leg...
You injured it:
~trying out for "So you think you can dance" ( but obviously, you can't)
~You were trying to dance with the Wiggles, but you wobbled instead.
~You injured it in a 3 legged race -it got tangled up in the gunny sack.
~You were PMSL, and you slipped...
~You were playing "donkey baseball" and fell off your ass.
sheeesh, I'm pretty hopeless, aren't I ? ;-)
Even if I don't win, can I have the Whoopie cushion??
(snbjork, is mom STILL on her pain meds?)
Dang dang dang ! *smacking my head in frustration!*
Tell 'em you slipped in some CRISCO!
The answer is I kicked the dog and he kicked back! You can just send me the 1st prize pack, I thought that had some cool stuff in it! No clue about their blog but I know how creative you are!
Disclaimer with Snbjork:
This is not an entry, just a comment.
You are such a clever girl and have such clever readers, I don't think I could add ANYthing. LOVE the suggestions you are getting and can't wait to see what you settle on!
Hi Libby!
You have some funny answers already!! I have to ask my dad to help me come up with funny answers ok? I will come back.
Love Clover xo
First ...the FOOD.... ohhh I am SO hungry right now, But I am not aloud to eat as it's 10:15 PM -way too late. But that food, I just HAD to click and then I saw more yummy food. I will sit and read recipes and think of all the things I want to cook and bake... Well enough on food or I'll get up and get some.
Your giveaway!?! Whoo-hoo! (although don't know why I'm "whoo-hooing" as I don't win stuff). ANYhow, Congratulations on your Blogaversary. I'm glad I found you!
Okay... Hmmm... as for an answer to what happens to your leg... Hmmm... tell whoever (with a serious face) that you went in to have your adenoids taken out and the doctor gave you a knee replacement by accident because the hospital mixed surgery rooms up.
Oh .... I will be posting about this giveaway on my blog AND I already follow you!
:-)
p.s. Am at a loss on the dog blog.. if I think of anything, I'll chime back.
I think the gift pack is hilarious, you should give that as a first runner up prize. This is just a comment not an entry. Very funny blog.......
You're asking me to be witty? Well, because my comment follows Tatersmama, and because she is one of the funniest ladies I know, and because her suggestions are so good, my mind is coming up with nothing, nada, zilch, zero.
So, how about you were auditioning for the Texas Rollergirls, and you accidently ran into one of the judges?
No? Well, I don't blame you! LOL. But I'll let my readers know about your giveaway. And by the way, if I win, I'd like the first group of prizes. I'll give the whoopie cushion to Tatersmama, but I need me some envelopes to write my grocery lists on, and put my coupons in.
I so admire your sense of humour Libby, but I cannot come up with witty one liners worthy of publishing! But I love you anyway!
lol, If I win, I want the contents of your junk drawer!! Oh well, I'll take the earrings and bracelet although I'll probably have to wear the bracelet for a ring given my current predicament (see blog title).
For the blog, I was going to say call it "Goodnight Gracie" but someone already suggested that. I was also going to suggest some play on "jungle fever" since they are two diff types of dogs having an obvious love affair, but I can't think of anything witty. I suppose that disqualifies me eh?
For the injury, I would say it would be funny to come up with something uber benign; something like:
playing "ride 'em horsie" with your grandkids
or
jogging (of course this would only really be funny in someone my size)
btw, LOVE your blog...love love love it!
BTW...picture of the italian spread? no fair :P
LIBBY! Hey how are ya? I added you to my snuggle buddies list & I just LOVE your blog! Okay here we go, how you hurt your leg:
Extreme skatebording gone wrong!
New blog name:
Just Plain Wrong Thoughts of George & Gracie!
Now doesn't that sound like a blog you'd want to read! You could add a "the" at the beginning if you want! I love IT! I'm pretty proud of myself! BOL! Thanks for the good thoughts for my Mommy, she has been so stressed! Blogging is the only thing she really enjoys(besides me! TEE HEE!)
Hugs & Snugs,
Eduardo the Snuggle Puggle
First for the downer: Kim Jong is the freak who is taking triplets away from their parents and sticking them in orphanages, because he is afraid that he will be dethroned by triplets. The man isn't playing with a full deck.
Someone took my name for the blog (or a variation of it): "Say Goodnight Gracie".
As for your leg, how about you were injured during an Ultimate Fighting competition?
Hey, why didn't the guy just hire ITALIAN Chefs in the first place?
I kinda wonder what Marco Polo would have to say about all of this???
Curious George Really Sticks His Nose In It!
Libby, my favorite Gracie quote:
"Come on, George. It's lots of fun having fun even if you DON'T enjoy it."
My favorite comedy team of all time, George and Gracie Allen. I can remember watching them with my parents. And the last line was always: "Say, "Goodnight", Gracie." And Gracie would dutifully reply, "Goodnight, Gracie." I laughed everytime.
That would be a cute title: Say, "Goodnight," Gracie. Your George and Gracie could talk to each other in you blog. :)
Post a Comment