Saturday, May 9, 2009

I'm Beginning to Look Like Nora Batty

Have any of you seen the long running BBC Sitcom - Last of the Summer Wine? It's one of our favorite (Saturday night on PBS) shows. It happens to be the longest running comedy in Britain and the longest running sitcom in the WORLD!

Any - hoo, other than those shoes and hair curlers - Nora and I could be twins.
I joked about this (on the phone) with Steve, before coming back home last weekend. I told him that with my compression hose, that I looked just like her. Dang if he didn't agree when he saw them on me.

You better believe that I'll be getting something good for my birthday, after he made that remark!

Sadly, actress Kathy Staff, who played Nora since the very first episode in January/ 1973, has now passed on. You can read about her


HERE

Minnie Higginbottom (Staff's real name) - I thank you for all the laughs you brought my way.
May you rest in peace.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've actually never heard about this actress, but she seems to have been quite a personality with her hair curlers! It's so sad she passed away...

Fruitcake Sandy said...

I've seen the program ... sorry, No, I don't see the resemblance ... uh, okay, maybe in her 'exuberance' ???

Happy Mother's Day, Ms. Libby

Unknown said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and entering the contest. Now I just have to head over to Teddyree's blog to thank her for sending you my way. She's an awesome girl :-)

Homestay Mama said...

Aw Libby, don't be so hard on yourself. Compression hose or not, you still have both inward and outward beauty!

Chele said...

LOL! Nah, but definitely an Ethel!

Jientje said...

Yeah, I think you're being hard on yourself again. It's not because you're engaged in your Spring cleaning efforts that you look like that? I'm quite sure you don't!! I've never seen the show, even though I am in Europe!

Happy Mother's Day, Libby!!!

Robynn's Ravings said...

Libby, I just KNOW this would be RIGHT UP MY ALLEY! I have to look for it on Blockbuster.

Happy Mother's Day compression socks and all! LOVE YOU! You gave me a GREAT laugh!

SmilingSally said...

(sigh) I think I look like her too, only not so attractive!

Bz said...

Yeah... uhhh...ummm. I don't seethe resemblance ...and yes, you SHOULD get a good B-Day gift!

Becky said...

I can send you some hair curlers! I have all kinds!!

my word verification is ARSONE that's french for arson right???

Tatersmama said...

I don't see th resemblance either, but did you know that Crisco is a great facial moisturizer and it would help with putting the compression stockings on, too?
*snort*

Honey, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, and this little beholder thinks you're stunning - inside and out!
So there.
xoxoxox

Neabear said...

I have never seen this show. I will have to see if I can get it from Netflix.