I'll start this post today with a picture for my Katie Tatie over at Tatersmama. Aren't those sweet little feet. It's hard to believe that in a few short years...they will be stinky, dirty, nasty boy feet...but for now, they make me go "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah"!
I received these in the mail, while I was gone. These hand knitted dish clothes are fromAunt Kathy
I won them for naming her car...who is now known as Malibu Barbie!
She threw this in as a bonus. It's a bottle apron. Maybe I should submit this photo to theApron Goddess
Raving Robynn ( who by-the-way, is going through a rough time right now - please keep her in your prayers) got her photo on the site...why shouldn't I go for it?
Aunt Kathy has an Etsy store where she sells all kinds of cute items. Somehow I failed to upload the photo's of the "swiffer pads" that I ordered from her. Any way...please drop by her blog, and tell her I sent you. She has the most wonderful attitude. She has lot a LOT of weight, and she is an inspiration to me! Make sure to take an extra couple of minutes to browse through her Etsy site - and BUY something - okay?
This is a tricky one. I can't remember where I won this. I know that I've won at least two books, maybe three, fromSmiling Sal
So I need to go take pics of them and post them...but in the mean time...Thank you Sally!!! As far as this book goes... I'll tell you what...I'll spend some time checking out blogs, and when I find the post I'll let you know the gracious giver. Will that work for ya?
Don't know if you noticed...but I've joined the Spring Cleaning Party over atSimple Mom
If you want to play along,...just click on the button at the upper right on my sidebar. Monday's assignment was to do a sweep through of the house. Above is my kitchen/dining room table. When I got home it was piled up with newspapers, and J-mans scriptures. I added to the mess by unloading some of my scrapbook supplies, and my "haul" above.
Here it is, after I glanced at the papers and then put them into the paper bin (to go for recycling - the proceeds go to the local senior center), put everything else away, washed and then buffed the table dry. Those pretty hydrangeas were a gift from three little girls at church. It was a thank you, for Easter Bags that I gave to them.
Will you take a look at this? I was assured that Big J had "Swiffered" the house just a few days earlier. Hah - I went back over the floors, and this is the result. The J-ster does Round Cleaning. I do Square Cleaning. Whats the difference? He just goes around, but I get into the corners (and under and behind the furniture)!
Days two and three, we were to clean the living room...putting things away, de-cluttering, etc. etc. Things weren't too bad in here. I did take Gracie's comforter off of the sofa, and threw it into the wash. Put away some candles, and the sports pages that I found under the big ottoman. I also picked up the throw that has been sitting on there for a while now...I've been wondering why it wasn't on the sofa - so I'm glad that I moved it. Someone had spilled something sticky/gooey on it, and instead of cleaning it up, they just threw the throw on top of it....GROSS. S0 I cleaned and washed and buffed and polished...
Had to include a photo of Connor. I love the look on his face. He's a happy little guy. He eats well, and sleeps well (5 - 6 hours during the night), and has his very own little personality.
And here is a rare glimpse of me. I'm usually the one taking the pictures - AND - I can't stand looking at photo's of myself. This isn't the person I picture myself to be. This isn't even the person that I see when I look into a mirror. This is a stranger! A fat women, with washed out skin. A middle aged woman. A woman with three chins - oops, my bad - this woman only has two chins the 3rd one is in actuality, just a scar from when she had a tumor removed from her thyroid. This is a woman who has age spots on her hands and grooves along side of her mouth. So where am I?....Lost in yesteryear, I think. Back to a time when I was young, and my arms didn't flap in the wind, and my face didn't sag. Back when I could get out of bed without creaking, and aching. Back when the children were small, and they needed their noses wiped, and their diapers changed, and when the tv blared...along with stereos, and high pitches voices. When they argued and rough-housed, and dirtied every surface in my home. When, shortly after I had washed all the dishes and cleaned the kitchen and dining room, from the most recent meal...they would surround me from all sides...whining about being hungry again. Back when I would sit up into the wee hours of the morning nursing the youngest and waiting for the oldest to get home from work, or a date. Back when I did 6 to 8 loads of laundry a day...went through a gallon or two of milk a day... when a trip to SAMS's took three carts to fill...
Uuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmm - I think I'll stick to fat, saggy, washed out...and cuddling newborn babies;-)
Love - Peace - go get something to Eat - which is what I'm going to do. I'm heading into the kitchen, which is where (conveniently) today's Spring Cleaning is to take place. I'll be sure to get before and after shots!
Uuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmm - I think I'll stick to fat, saggy, washed out...and cuddling newborn babies;-)
Love - Peace - go get something to Eat - which is what I'm going to do. I'm heading into the kitchen, which is where (conveniently) today's Spring Cleaning is to take place. I'll be sure to get before and after shots!








































14 comments:
Libby, I just loved this little glimpse into your life--and the pics of your grandson and you and your house! Just so 'homesy' and comfortable--kinda like I was right there in your home visiting with you!
And BTW, I like that picture of you and I think you are looking really good, so don't fret. Of course I think we should all strive to be as healthy as possible, but as we age the pounds pile on. So rather than trying to lose weight, I'm just trying to get more healthy, and if I lose a few pounds in the process (I should lose 50) then I'll be happy. If not, I'll still be happy and thankful for my health. Oh, dear--I'd better quit--this is sounding like preaching!
Hugs, dear friend.
I'm also going AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!! that adorable feet! I just want to bite it! in a loving way, of course.
That baby is sweet, you house is neatened up, and you look content and a whole lot better than me.
You did not win that book from me. Maybe from Clif?
I bet each little baby you had has left a little mark on your body... Little scars that come with aging, and that show your body has LIVED. We should celebrate that, no?
A stunning haircolour, the most loving smile I've ever seen, pretty hands an long nails, beautiful long lashes. All of that is YOU!
I won that same book! I saw you today! You had entered to win a book that I am in to win, too!
All women love baby feet and hands!
And I'm a "round" cleaner, too!
Ah yes, all I see is a loving grandma doting on her most recent grandbaby! Its the love of your heart that shows the most!!
Conner is just the sweetest all the way down to his baby feet! Looks everyone had a good time at the shower!
Mom, you're awesome, wonderful, and BEAUTIFUL! The cool thing about life is that we look about ourselves and see all the flaws (that's not the cool part). But, most everyone else sees the good. They love us even though we're not perfect. =)
It was funny that you took that story in a different direction than I expected. I just can't imagine that you wouldn't want to go back to your loud, crazy life with 9 kids (not including half the neighborhood) running around the house causing havoc all day long! I will never understand how you survived...even though you always say "one day at a time." You're my hero. I love you!
I almost wish you'd stop posting pictures of Connor...well, not really. It's just that I'm itching to hold him and kiss his soft cheeks and head so bad I can hardly stand it! He's gonna get big before I can get there in a few weeks. He's so darn cute!!!
Good for you for doing your Spring Cleaning. I'm starting to get the Spring Fever. I want to get this place cleaned, de-junked (thrift stores...here I come--for donations, that is!), and organized. Feels good!
Love your music, and you were so lucky winning the knitted goodies.
Lib, this was really beautiful. I know you were recounting the difficulty but it brough tears to my eyes. I know what you mean abou the photos. How can it be? I don't see me when I look at them either.
You described it all incredibly. Thanks for the shout out and the prayers. :)
You are so blessed. And your little grandbaby is adorable. Good for you spring cleaning the house. I need to get on that myself. Oh, and by the way.... I think you are a beautiful loving mother and grandmother too.
It is so neat when a pic is given ...allows us to out a face to your one's words. I know you have your profile pic... but we can look different in different pics. Just like RR's apron pic, someone said she looked younger in it... I think, the same with this pic of you. I know I can't see your eyes and face a whole lot, but your vibrant hair color(!) and your skin looks in great shape... you could do one of those dish washing/hands commercials.
I loved this post ... was honest and personable ...not that the others aren't, this one just spoke to me more and has me appreciate the fewer loads of laundry, meals prepared, etc, etc.. than what you had to do. You certainly deserve an outstanding Mother's Day.
Enjoyed reading your post today. Connor is precious! And you are beautiful too!
To hold a grandbaby. That has got to be the best thing. Then when they poop and cry and want to eat, just give them back to the mommy.
Post a Comment