Thursday, May 21, 2009

I've Come A Long Way


Had surgery on February 13th - Proximal and Distal Open Pateller Realingment - with 2 screws.

After surgery - Jackson Pratt Deep Drain .

10 weeks in this brace.

From this...

...to this.

And now...I can do...

THIS!

Sometimes we don't think about the little things...like:

Being able to put on a shoe. Getting dressed. Taking a shower.
Getting in and out of bed...

...and being able to move a towel across the floor with your toes!

Woo-Hoo!!!

13 comments:

Vicky said...

What great progress you have made! So glad to see you healthy and strong again with excellent toe movement I might add :)

snbjork said...

Definitely have to celebrate the little things. I'm glad you are healing so nicely and feeling better! I can't wait to see you in Florida....=) I love you.

Fruitcake Sandy said...

Bless your heart ...you HAVE come a long way, so happy to hear of the progress you've made. I am amazed at all you manage, keep up the good work :>)

Homestay Mama said...

That is certainly encouraging news! Seems like only yesterday you were coming home from surgery. Times passes quickly for us readers--maybe it hasn't seemed that fast for you!

Cathy said...

Hurrah for you, Libby. What good news that your surgery was so successful. You've been through a lot. I'm very happy for you.

Jientje said...

Woohoo!!! I'm so happy for you!! You know, it hasn't been that long you know ....

Tatersmama said...

Wooo Hoooo for you! Isn't it a great feeling, being able to do the "little things" again?

I'm so proud for you!!
muaaahhh!

SmilingSally said...

I've been through similar experiences with two new knee replacements and back surgery that kept me confined to bed for six months. No fun, but you do learn to appreciate the little blessings.

Neabear said...

Congrats on the little achievements. It is all the little ones that add up to a big one. You go girl!

Bz said...

I tell you... whenever I see post pics, I see is a clean house, immaculately made beds, nicely done toenails and fingernails, etc, etc... you have it going on AND you're healing well. Am sure it's been a row to hoe, but you make it look easy for what it is.

Robynn's Ravings said...

Hey! I just got done with six months of the towel trick which I had never heard of before therapy. BUT I did NOT GO THROUGH THAT GHASTLY thing you had to endure. Yay!!!!!!! for being out of it!!!!

Becky said...

Glad to know you are back to your old self!

Sandra y Coco Pug said...

i know this comment comes very VERY late but I was thinking of you when I read this, you are very brave!!! I hope that you get back to normal really soon.