Friday, April 3, 2009

Pimp'n Photo's

I have a dear friend back in Florida...actually, I have several dear friends there BUT today, I'm gonna tell you about Mariliana...well - I'm gonna tell you about her son Bruno.

Bruno is out of his mind!

Seriously!

Let me explain.

This kid (well he's a grown man now - but still a kid to me) is one of the most wonderful photographers on the planet. He works all year long in order to be able to get his travel lust fix. He has been all over the world. But Bruno isn't happy with just going to London and taking pictures of BIG BEN. Nope. Nor is he happy to go to Hawaii and take pictures of HULA GIRLS. Nope. Nor does he go to Belgium and take pictures of PRETTY FLOWERS. Nope. This pin head has to climb up mountains, and travel across desserts, and sleep in hovels, and eat dirt. Yep - he's a real live survivor man! He should be working for National Geographic!

I'm asking you all to check out his photography. Not just so that you can see some of his breathtaking work...not just cause I love his mama...not cause I think the boy needs any encouragement...but because I want the guy to go into business with me! I want him to sell his photo's and I want to be the one tell see them for him. Yep - I want to be a photo pimp

First - so that you can truly understand, that I'm telling the truth when I say that he's a certified nut case, please go

HERE

It's a long post, but worth the time to read it all.
I would really appreciate it if you would leave him a comment and let him know that I sent ya, and that he should go into business with me!

Then come back to me, so that you can go

HERE

To check out his photo's from around the world.

Grab something to drink, prop up your feet, and enjoy the trip!

Let me know if you think he's as great as I say he is.

Thank you!!!

12 comments:

Becky said...

I definitely think he should be working for National Geographic. Maybe he just doesn't want to be tied down to a real job. The world is missing out on his photos.

Chele said...

Very cool! I added him to my blog list.

Jientje said...

Oh my God Libby! He IS talented!!! I so enjoyed his photo's from Bruges!
If he visits Belgium again, I want to meet him!
I love his photography.

By the way, I've got a little something on my blog for you. It's special.

Anonymous said...

wow! awesome! thanks for letting us share the joy of his talents!
btw, you mentioned this in your comment, but what is lilikoi?

Anonymous said...

Really great photos and how well traveled! I am jealous! I love the photo of Peru. Wish I was young enough to travel that extensively.

Aunt Kathy said...

OK he is crazy, lol, but it's those crazy minds that have the brillant futures. Awesome photos. I hoep he listens to his Aunt Libby

Bz said...

Ohh my Gosh... he IS crazy! His poor momma. He has serious thrill issues (that's a line from 'Finding Nemo'- hey I'm a toddler's momma).... BUTTTT on another note, Wowey-wow, wow(!)... his photographs ... just amazing. He has some VERY high dollar camera equip. to catch with the clarity what he does. Beautiful pics. I can see why you'd want to go into business with him.
:-)

Homestay Mama said...

Libby, I especially enjoyed Bruno's photos of Oregon. That's where I was born and lived my life until I got married. I have stood in some of the same spots and took photos of the same subjects (Silver Creek Falls, Portland and Mt. Hood from the Pittock Mansion, etc.). But of course my photos are sooo amateur compared to Bruno's! His pictures are awesome! I don't blame you for wanting to help him sell them!

Homestay Mama said...

Libby, I missed a day of blogging and am finally getting caught up. I just read your comment on my latest post (Socialism). Loved your link to "Catching Wild Pigs. Have already forwarded it to Evy and will send it to my non-blogging friends as well. Thanks so much!

Bruno said...

You're making a pretty strong case that you're a better sales person for my pictures than I could ever be.

I appreciate all the nice comments about my pictures, it encourages me to improve my photography and go out to shoot more often.

Seeing your concern makes me glad I didn't write a blog before this trip because I have stories that are worse than these. It's probably wise not to share them.

Now let me defend myself a little bit. For the record, my judgment is not as bad as it seems. If I listed all the risk mitigating factors that go into my decision making, my stories wouldn't be nearly as entertaining. So no need to worry, I like to think that I live a reasonably safe life.

Also, please disregard my weird music videos, animal themed shirts, model shots, etc...that's just my unique sense of humor. I'm really not that weird...I promise.

Schnitzel and the Trout said...

Thanks for letting us meet Bruno. He is absolutely amazing.

Tatersmama said...

Holy Molasses! That young'un is so good that he takes my breath away!
What a phenomenal talent he has - so thanks for sharing Bruno with us!